COVENTO / MUSEUM TODAY

The convent of Sant 'Antonio constitutes a complex of indisputable artistic and environmental value. Built on the edge of the town, it is located close to the main road and with its bulk dominates the dense building plot that makes up the town.

PROCESSIONAL WAY

The cult of the Madonna della Rupe is of particular importance in the history and habits of the Sanmartinese people.

MANZONE BUILDING

Located close to the church and the former convent of the Observant Friars Minor, along Via Croce, the main artery of the village of San Martino, Palazzo Manzone still retains the layout and construction features of the time of construction.

PAINFUL CHAPEL

Along the road that leads to the Castelluccio district, there is the chapel of the Addolorata, whichtakes its name from the effigy of Our Lady of Sorrows that was once placed above the altar.

SIFOLA BUILDING

In the highest part of the medieval village is the baronial palace of the Sifola di Trani, whichpreviously belonged to the Sanseverino da Bisignano family, a powerful Neapolitan patricianfamily.

TERRITORY OF MURGE

A safe hiding place for robbers, but also a way of access to the Lucanian sub-Apennine area and today the southern gateway to the Lucanian Apennine National Park is the Murgia di Sant'Oronzo, or San Lorenzo?

BRIGANTI and THE WALL OF SANT’ORONZO

Betrayed by the promises, never kept, of equality and freedom made by the invading Piedmontese, many young southerners gave birth to revolt movements, which spanned the whole of southernItaly.

CHURCH OF SAN FRANCESCO

The sixteenth-century church is characterized by a single rectangular nave, with pilasters projecting from the perimeter walls and niches with recessed altars. In 1700 it will be the protagonist of an intense program of works that affected both the cloister and the Church,

CHURCH OF MADONNA DELLA RUPE

Built in the 9th century, it was restored following the earthquake of 1857, which caused extensive damage to many structures in the town, and completed in its rebuilding, as evidenced by the inscription

DE PIERRO BUILDING

Along the road that from Piazza Plebiscito reaches the Castelluccio district, we find the splendid Palazzo De Pierro, which belonged to the local noble family of the same name. It is a historic building with roots in 1700.